6-year Single Cycle Master’s Degree Program
The SMS degree program in Medicine Surgery provides the qualification of physician-surgeons.
The degree is issued jointly by the School of Medicine Surgery, University of Milano-Bicocca and the University of Bergamo.
The course duration is 6 years during which students earn 360 ECTS. There are 27 exams for a total of 288 ECTS covering basic and clinical sciences
- 1st academic year – 5 exams;
- 2nd academic year – 7 exams;
- 3rd academic year – 4 exams;
- 4th academic year – 4 exams;
- 5th academic year – 4 exams;
- 6th academic year – 1 exam.
60 ECTS are for the professional internships, which include 15 ECTS for the medical board evaluation (esame di abilitazione) to practice medicine in Italy, in accordance to the decree June 9, 2018 and 12 ECTS for the thesis internship and for the final examination.